We're here to help
Whether it’s your first flex design or you’ve designed so many that you lost count, we want to help. Ask us simple questions or try to stump us. We’ll get you an answer.
Lunch and Learn
We love to share our knowledge about flex circuits, call our Sales team to see when we might be in your area or come visit us and combine our Designing Flex and Rigid-Flex seminar with a facility tour.
Tell me more
Visit the Designer’s Guide home page to get an overview of flex benefits, standard materials, and a taste of some design considerations. Our designer’s guide helps our customers understand “why” design rules are set and how they relate to the manufacturing process.Take me there
Specs & References
IPC specifications (can be ordered at www.ipc.org)
- IPC-6013, Qualification and Performance Specification for Flexible Printed Wiring.
- IPC-2221A, Generic Standard on Printed Board Design
- IPC-2223, Sectional Design Standard for Flexible Printed Boards
- IPC-4202, Flexible Base Dielectrics for Use in Flexible Printed Circuitry
- IPC-4203, Adhesive Coated Dielectric Films for Use as Cover Sheets for Flexible Printed Circuitry and Flexible Adhesive Bonding Films
- IPC-4204 Flexible Metal-Clad Dielectrics for Use in Fabrication of Flexible Printed Circuitry
- IPC-MF-150, Copper Foil for Printed Wiring Applications
- IPC Position Paper: Transitioning from MIL-P-50884C and MIL-PRF-31032 to IPC-6013 and Amendment 1
Military Specs http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Programs/MilSpec/DocSearch.aspx
IPC recommends that companies using MIL-PRF-31032 specifications for printed circuits alternatively specify that flexible circuits be supplied under IPC-6013 Class 3 performance requirements. Government agencies have generally accepted that this is a COTS equivalent to MIL-PRF-31032.
MIL-PRF-31032/3, Printed Wiring Board, Flexible, Single and Double Layer, With or Without Plated Holes, With or Without Stiffeners, for Soldered Part Mounting. MIL-PRF-31032/4, Printed Wiring Board, Rigid-Flex or Flexible, Multilayer, with Plated Holes, with or Without Stiffeners, for Soldered Part Mounting